Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day One.. Two.. Three..

Hello!

How is everyone today? I hope well. I, however, am not all that well. My grandmother (grammy) has been hospitalized for a major cardiac failure and, unfortunately, she seems to have more on the horizon. She's stabilized for now, but who knows what the future holds... My grammy is very close to me, so I am very worried while trying to stay positive.

On to good news! I had a good day at work yesterday... Granted I only worked for two hours, but I learned more about video games and I got another, however negative, outlook on the store. Granted it did not make ME negative on the company, but it's nice to hear another perspective. I work today for about six hours, learning and getting acclimated to the environment there. I think this job is a perfect match for me right now. I don't have to work too many hours (right now I can pretty much make my schedule), I don't have any conflict with school, and they're letting me take my wedding planning days off (and more importantly, my wedding week!). That, and I like my co-workers, so far.

I also started school yesterday. I like it so far. I've entered into my "learning group" that I will feasibly be in for the rest of my general business classes. When we break into our specific major classes we'll probably separate... Or when I switch to online only classes. Either way, I'm happy with my group thus far. I'm also happy with the school, I know University of Phoenix has had negative ratings in the past, but they've really beefed up their accreditation. That and I'm only in each course for five weeks. I like that... No months of getting bored with the curriculum and running the risk of doing poorly due to lack luster interest.

So Zoey, our Border Collie, has developed a little bit of a complex... She has to watch me while I'm on the lap top and she will run all the way around the coffee table repeated times in a hour to try and catch the cursor... It was cute at first, but now it's a tad annoying... Especially when she decides it's time to strike!! I have nose prints all over my computer's screen.

Tor's been having a bit of a rough week. He's had to get up earlier than he'd like (every day is earlier than he'd like... But think 4:30am) in order to go to classes... Not even educational classes!! I won't go in to what they're specifically about... But basically it was pointless and nothing was accomplished. At least today he gets to learn some stuff about finances (which we could always use advice on!). Unfortunately, last night and tonight I won't get to spend much time with him due to a conflict in schedules. It's going to be a regular conflict on Tuesdays for the next four years, however that will most likely be the only regular night where I'm not home. I'm really not a night owl by any means... So not working nights is more than OK with me!!

Well, I've got to get back to general house upkeeping (laundry, blech). I shall type at y'all later. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment