Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Who Knew

Who the hell knew getting pregnant could possibly be so complicated? Seriously, movies like Juno and Knocked Up make it seem like it's the easiest thing ever! Granted... It can be... I guess I shouldn't whine too much. I am almost a week late and have no signs of the flow of the red river... However, my last 3 pregnancy tests are all negative. I could still be pregnant... But I think I'll wait another 2 weeks to run to the doctor. I want to be good and sure I'm not going to start spontaneously eradicating the lining of my uterus before I go in. That would be the day... Appointment 11am... 10am, inserting the tampon and simultaneously calling Ireland to cancel said appointment. Yes, that would be my luck. So waiting it is, however impatiently.

On that note, I got accepted to Tacoma Community College - not that doing so is an overly huge achievement. Community Colleges are notoriously easy to get into. But hey! At least I can work on my RN while pregnant and both TCC and Fort Lewis offer daycare so I can work part time AND go to school with a munchkin. These were all things we were looking into before deciding to get pregnant. I know it's a bit early, but I'm ready for a kid. We'll just wait a while before number two! I can handle being an associate RN while rearing one kid and trying on number two while getting my bachelors. Which will be immediately after I finish my associates, in about a year and a half after finally getting to Washington.

So the position Tor was re-upping for in Washington might not even still be available, at this point. Tor's prepared to take another position, possibly a combat one, to get us to Fort Lewis. I have to admit that I told him if the words Japan, Germany or Hawaii come up that he'd better say yes. I could do Hawaii; in fact, I'm looking at the housing there right now... (insert time taken to google the housing website here. Not too shabby, just like most posts, some NICE then nice then crappy. The stand alone houses are very nice... Now lets look at Japan's housing... Okay... Camp Zama doesn't believe in housing websites. Well poo on them. I'd still probably love to go there for a year or so, LOL. I think Fort Lewis is my most preferred for so many reasons, though. 1) Jenna and Joe will be close by. 2)All my friends are willing and financially fit enough to go there (Hawaii would be a stretch!). And finally 3) SEATTLE! I will definitely keep everyone posted on what the deal is with all this shenanigans.

I think this is the end to my lovely, long, blog. I hope everyone is well and for God's sake, FACEBOOK ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment