Sunday, April 4, 2010

2 people, 1 scout.

Oh lord Scout II tops are HEAVY! Tor and I just welcomed spring in our own fashion by removing the top from the Scout II! It now has the "bikini" top on and it's all rugged looking! That and I have my summer flowers planted and I'm religiously watering them so we can have some color other than green (even though I do enjoy green). The PT test is either this week or the next, so cross your fingers for us the next few weeks.

I'm in the process of cooking Easter dinner, Tomato pork loin! With salad... The salad part is OK, haha. We did get Apple Turn Overs for desert! I've been sticking to my 0 calorie drink diet, as well as limited portions and paying attention to caloric value of everything (is "caloric" a word?). So far I think it's working for me, it'll be a little bit longer before I can say yes or no on that.

Hopefully this will be a sustainable transition, which is why I'm focusing more on a monthly picture rather than weekly. Weekly feels too much like a diet and Monthly feels more like a life change. Our big thing is to keep snacks other than veggies out, limited to no fast food and we're cutting high fructose corn syrup out of the picture completely. Oh, and, gym, gym, gym. We're also going to start regularly swimming! It's all so exciting, now we just have to keep to it...

Sammie is trying to come down next weekend, we've got some nice stuff planned for that. Hiking is number one on that list! Nothing overly strenuous, but we have a nice reserve right off post (which is where we were legally married) that we've been waiting for the weather to get nice to try out. We're also, probably, going to grill a whole lot and just generally have fun.

One of my best friends here in KY is moving in 2 weeks and her last week at work happens to be this up coming week. I'm a little sad about that! We're having a "chick" party next week for her ^_-. Tor keeps making fun of us all for doing it, but it'll be awesome. We're calling it our Mexican Passion Party (the food is all going to be Mexican inspired dishes).

Frankencouch is GONE! The destroyed portion of our sectional went to the curb last week to make room for Amy's old (but still looks pretty much new) couch. We love it, in fact we are always in competition with each other to decide who gets to hoard it every night. It matches the portion of the sectional we kept, and they compliment each other nicely (enough). Area rugs are now also present in our living room, which helps with the dust and dirt.

Our next big furniture purchase is an entertainment center that we saw at the PX (Post Exchange). It'll take us a little while, but we really liked it. The only downside? It doesn't match the coffee table and end table. So what am I going to do about it? I'm going to sand both down and paint them red! It'll be lovely. This is what HGTV (Home & Garden TV) does to me. It gives me ideas... Ideas can be bad... But, oh so fun!

Oh, dinner's ready! I shall update you all at a later day! Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment