Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fireflies

Alright, so this post is going to start on an unbelievably childish and nostalgic note...

I was driving home from closing at the Hell I call Best Buy (aka Work) and I just happened to glance off to the side and I saw FIREFLIES! I haven't seen fireflies in years. I was staring at them for so long that I almost drove off the road. Good thing I was a) on base and b) no one was around me. I was happy, to say the least.

That brings me into my second bit of news... I've moved on base! Tor and I got a cute little (I say little, it's 3 bedrooms) townhome with a fenced yard for the puppies. It's marvelous and the commute is considerably better. Having to add an hour and 30 minutes to every shift was a pain in the butt.

Which builds me into my third bit of news... MY JOB IS BORING! I am not allowed to do anything but walk around and talk to customers. Seriously? I am so not cut out for retail work. I would rather gauge my eyes out with a spork. Yeah, that's right, a taco bell utensil. Either way, I need a new job and fast. I've been applying on base and I HOPE that soon my career outlook will be more positive. I really hope (and everyone pray for me here) that I get the job in payroll (Military) that I applied for. It sounds perfect for me.

Today is filled with nothing at the moment. Tor and I drove to our old apartment so I could grab some cleaning supplies, I magically forgot them when we took over the first 3 Jeep/Uhaul loads of stuff, and some more of the pots/pans/mugs/whatever else we left. Now our apartment is more cozy and homey. I even brought my palm bush/tree thing. It's dying because I've been neglecting it... Well it has been in front of a vacant apartment for 2 weeks, haha.

Either way, that's pretty much all my news... See ya on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment