Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Good Day By Any Other Name..

So some good news came today by two methods...

One: There is no waiting list for On Base housing right now, and they don't speculate one by September; and we qualify for a 2-3 bedroom.

Two: Due to the Military Clause Addendum in our Lease Agreement, we can break our lease, penalty free (and get our deposit back!) as long as we give a 30 day notice for us moving on base. Of course we have to provide our Base Housing paperwork... But still! We were thinking that we were going to have to wait until our lease was up next March.

I know a lot of people don't prefer base housing for one reason or another (drama, crappy maintenance, etc), but we really don't care right now. We want to start saving money and right now, moving on post is the best way to do just that. Especially since we're hoping to move within the next year to another post and from there another two years to another. On post is just logical right now, despite the possible downfalls. Maybe some day we'll live off post again, but not until we're at a point where we're losing money living on base.

Granted, I hope we get a place with a yard... Yards are good... Yards are nice... Yards make it so I don't have to stand outside and watch my dogs poo... Or eat poo (Zoey). That and you can grill on Knox... We can't at our current apartment. KY has a law that, of course, does not apply to the base, where people can not grill next to rental properties. Too many people burnt their homes down (really?). Tor doesn't like not being able to grill... And I have to admit that I don't like the smoke detectors going off every time he makes steak or hamburger.

Other than my 91.65% in my first course en route to my Bachelor's degree, I really have no other news... We're heading up to Maple Park, IL to spend the holiday weekend with the family! Tor and I are both excited, as are my mom and dad (and aunts and uncles!). We all need a vacation... and Zoey needs to get used to car rides. That's right! We're bring the girls. It'll be interesting with four dogs in one house... I think it'll be more like 3 dogs since Nika probably won't leave my mom's lap until she absolutely has to. That's MY dog for you. Haha. Either way! Adios.

Live long and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment